I got tired of waiting for Kyle to build me a hay rack, so I just did it instead. I didn’t have to buy and wood or screws to build it, but I did end up borrowing this saw thingy (that’s about as technical as I get) from a friend. It helped me cut the boards at an angle.
And yes, the boards that make up the rack are a bit crooked. I really didn’t follow instructions. The plans were for a rack that used Premier 1 supplies. Of course, I didn’t want to have to buy anything so I just looked at the pictures and designs. Also, this is my first project I have done without Kyle or Dad being the brains behind it. Actually, Kyle didn’t do anything and Dad just cut a few boards when he got home from work. Kayla helped me the most by standing on the boards I was cutting, holding boards I was screwing, and that type of stuff.
Right now, I have it up against the wall, but if my herd grows, I can pull it out and use both sides. I think that it will be able to feed four goats/sheep on each side for a total of eight animals. If I need more, I can take the plywood off the side and tweak it to feed, maybe, a dozen.